President and Chief Executive Officer
- A proud Newfoundlander, Louise started her career as a registered nurse in St. John’s, NL, where she discovered an immediate passion for mental health.
- Louise’s work has taken her across the country, where she has held a range of positions across the health sector. From front-line nursing, to forensic and corrections care, to research, teaching, and large-scale hospital administration, Louise has seen mental health issues on the ground and at the highest administrative level.
- Louise became President and CEO of the Mental Health Commission of Canada in 2010, after serving as Senior Operating Officer for the University of Alberta Hospital, one of Canada's leading clinical, research and teaching hospitals.
- She holds degrees from Dalhousie University and Northeastern University in Boston, where she received a Master of Science with a specialization in mental health.
- In her years of work, Louise has heard from hundreds of Canadians living with mental illness and mental health problems. Their stories are her inspiration to spark leading and lasting change for mental health care in Canada.