Ottawa - Join the Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) and the Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention (CASP) for a three-day virtual conference on suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention. The conference opens at 7:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, November 19.
Under the theme of World Suicide Prevention Day 2014 – “One World Connected,” the virtual conference is built on the ideas of communities, collaboration, and hope.
The conference will:
- showcase innovative approaches to suicide prevention, intervention and postvention in diverse communities;
- explore how technology is being used to promote suicide prevention at the community level; ,
- showcase promising practices, support service delivery and service providers;
- share how unique partnerships are being forged to strengthen the ability to prevent suicide in Canada;
- support those who are bereaved by suicide.
ABOUT THE MENTAL HEALTH COMMISSION OF CANADA
The Mental Health Commission of Canada is a catalyst for change. We are collaborating with hundreds of partners to change the attitudes of Canadians toward mental health problems and to improve services and support. Our goal is to help people who live with mental health problems and illnesses lead meaningful and productive lives. Together we create change. The Mental Health Commission of Canada is funded by Health Canada.
Glenn Johnson, Senior Media Relations Specialist
Mental Health Commission of Canada
The views represented herein solely represent the views of the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
Production of this document is made possible through a financial contribution from Health Canada.